Third National Meeting
This was the Third National Meeting of the 17-state initiative to use child well-being indicators to improve school readiness and ensure early school success. Over the course of the Initiative, states will work individually and collectively to develop a comprehensive set of measures to monitor the physical, social, emotional, cognitive, and economic well-being of young children. Indicators will reflect state investments in programs and policies for young children and families as well as child outcomes. States will develop policy goals and communications strategies to improve school readiness in their states.
* To link indicators of school readiness to policy and communication strategies.
* To highlight state work on school readiness policy issues and kindergarten assessment strategies.
* To present outcomes from the second Residency Roundtable on indicators of language and literacy.
* To share strategies for communicating with policymakers, community leaders and the public in order to create policy change to improve school readiness.
* To reflect on the first year of the Initiative and plan long-term strategies.